Try our new Farm Brewery: Buy a tree and your first beer is on us.
Maple View Farm sells 5'-10' tall fragrant Balsam fir Christmas trees from our front paddock from the November 23 until Christmas eve. The pre-cut trees come from a small family farmer just over the Vermont border in Canada who we have worked with for several years. We are always happy with their shape and quality. Tree sales are an important part to the sustainability of our family farm and we appreciate your business! ALL TREES are just $25 when you spend $25 or more in our Farm Store. Don't see something you like in our Farm Store? Feel free to pay the posted prices for the trees (5' are $30, 6' $40, 7' $50, 8' $60, and 9'+, $75) Tree lot hours are 8am-8pm.
Worried about when your tree was cut? We won't be able to tell you an exact date of when our trees were cut. But we can tell you that HOW you take care of your tree once it is in the harsh environment of your house (with all its warm, dry air), is much more important than WHEN your tree was cut. Read on for tips on how to care for your fresh cut tree:
WHY BUY A FRESH CUT TREE?
1. Real Trees are a renewable, recyclable resource. Artificial trees contain non-biodegradable plastics and possible metal toxins such as lead.
2. There are more than 4,000 local Christmas Tree recycling programs throughout the United States.
3. For every Real Christmas Tree harvested, 1 to 3 seedlings are planted the following spring.
4. Trees absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen while they are growing.
KEEP YOUR TREE FRESH:
1. Make a fresh cut. Take an additional 1 inch off the bottom and place in water immediately.
2. Place the tree in a stand that can hold at least 1 gallon of water and keep giving it water until it stops drinking.
3. Always keep your tree base covered with water. If it dries out, resin will form over the bottom and it will not drink up more water. You don't need anything other than tap water to keep your tree hydrated.
4. Follow all these steps and your tree should last 5 weeks or more.